Well, it's that time of year again! And where exactly did this year go? I'm not really sure either, but it's time to book your Christmas Mini Session for 2020. This year has been strange for sure, and because of that we are forced to adapt to changes and a new way of doing things.
But one thing that won't change... How amazingly awesome they will be!
They're here, they're here!
Those of you that know me, you know that mini sessions are pretty much my JAM!
But for those of you that DON'T know me and how I roll...
My mini sessions are different than your average photographer. Yes they are quick, yes they are wild, yes they may seen pricey to some... But if you were to ask any of my Christmas Mini clients why they keep coming back, it's because they love the results and it's worth every penny!
The method to my mini madness was brought about when I was working for Portrait Innovations 10 years ago. Between the months of October and December I was trained hardcore on how to photograph an entire session for Christmas Cards in about 10 minutes flat. 3 Backgrounds, 10 minutes. And I took about 30 sessions PER DAY. Sounds crazy right? Oh, it absolutely was. But if you've ever been to a Portrait Innovations you know exactly what I'm talking about. That place was packed wall-to-wall with families waiting their turn to get into that camera room.
Well now, fast forward to me running my own business and doing this on my own. I know that there are a few things that are key factors in a successful mini session day:
1. The Scene - between the location, backdrop, lighting and props, I know what makes a successful image and I know what families are looking for to fill their cards. None of that comes at a small cost. Location fees and props are my biggest expenses every year. I have to research my locations to make sure there is optimal lighting throughout the morning and where that happens.
2. The Help - I would never be as successful and run on time without my assistants. My assistants are made up of the two people I trust the most with my business.. Abby is a long-time client, wonderful friend, a mom, and occasional amateur photographer herself. She has two beautiful boys (pictured above), and is the light and positive energy I need to get through the day. This year she will also be acting as my second shooter and I couldn't be more excited!
Linda is my mom, so I've literally known her since she birthed me. She is my right-hand woman and always there for whatever I need. Whether it's cleaning things, handing me things, or greeting you. She's awesome, obviously!
3. The Time - Scheduling is important. From running on time to clients arriving on time. We work like a well oiled machine. I know how to keep kids entertained and laugh. And I have a quick posing routine like the back of my hand.
4. The Details - I am a highly organized and detailed person. In order for everything to work like the well oiled machine I have detailed reminders, directions, and instructions, prompts, and even if something like that fails I'm a problems solver and we get it done.
5. The Product - Everyone knows the final product is the most important. I work really hard to get the very best, most amazing shots of you and your family. I know how important those Christmas Cards are! I also do my very best to turn around those images as quickly as possible. I know everyone likes to order their cards with coupons, etc so I really do try to get them out to you as soon as possible. But that is also why we aim for EARLY November!
6. The Customer Service - In years past I have always done a coffee, hot cocoa, and snack bar at my mini sessions. I like to show my clients my appreciation for coming, for planning, for dressing, for wrangling, for bribing, and for participating. I like to put a smile on their face. This year I'm putting together specialty gift bags (you know, because of the damn COVID) to feature some of what I used to, but in an even bigger and better way. Like really, I've spent a lot of time thinking about what I want to include and the goodie bag might be just as exciting as your images!
My point is, that the reason you won't find anyone like me is that I'm well experienced, detail oriented, thoughtful, and have a tried and true routine from booking to delivery.
So, now that the job interview is over. Let's talk about 2020 Minis!
So first things first, this year will have two different locations and three different dates for a total of 23 spots.
Seems like plenty, but last year we booked about 30. So trust me when I say they will go QUICKLY! There is a reason I now release these bad boys in my VIP Group first.
The newest location this year that will be making an appearance twice on the schedule is McLeod Plantation on James Island. Like most other historical spots here in Charleston it boasts the large and whimsical oaks and spanish moss and will provide a unique experience!
This location is perfect for anyone who really missed out on doing a family portrait this year but also wants some amazing images for their cards. This is also ideal for someone who might not want their images to be all Christmas themed. For this location we're bringing back the classic White Couch to sit on the lawn with some minimal decorations around, maybe some black or white lanterns, keeping it very simple and classic. We will have both full family, children together, and individual children shots on this couch with Abby (my assistant) as your photographer. The camera will be stationary on a tripod so that she can interact with everyone for the best smiles and everyone's shots are framed exactly the same to include the amazing oaks and the McLeod house in the backdrop. Once you are finished with that portion of your session you will join me for some standing portraits around the grounds.
Props included: The White Couch Props on hand: Kid size and adult sized mugs and milk bottles, fake cookies. Props recommended to bring along: Mugs of your own if you'd like, Christmas Storybook, Christmas themed or matching blanket to cuddle up with.
Dates: 11/7 and 11/15 with times between 7:30-8:40am Cost: $250 plus tax Includes: 10 Artfully Edited Images, High Resolution Downloads, Print Release, 2020 Limited Edition Client Appreciation Goodie Bag NO dogs allowed at this location
And the second location, The Christmas Country Porch also on James Island is the rustic yet adorable location from last year. But it was just so good, and I only did it one day, so why not bring it back for another go?
This location is perfect for anyone who missed out last year on Christmas Minis and really enjoyed this set up. I will likely not offer it again for another couple years if at all, so it really speaks to that "limited edition" type of mini sessions and is truly unique. The decorations for this set up will likely be the same, maybe just a slightly different arrangement. All the props will be the same as well, you will have the choice to use them or not, but they will be sanitized in between clients.
Props included (sanitized between clients): Kid size and adult sized mugs and milk bottles, fake cookies. Props recommended to bring along: Mugs of your own if you'd like, Christmas Storybook, Christmas themed or matching blanket to cuddle up with
Date: 11/8 times between 8-10am Cost: $200 plus tax Includes: 8 Artfully Edited Images, High Resolution Downloads, Print Release, 2020 Limited Edition Client Appreciation Goodie Bag Leashed and well mannered dogs are allowed at this location!
I'm really looking forward to this year's minis and I hope you can snag a spot to join me. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email me at ErinRosePhoto@gmail.com and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible or within normal business hours!
If you're ready to book this button will be LIVE as of Sunday, October 4th at 8:00 am. Please have your credit card ready to pay the $100 retainer to secure your spot!